17 Dec 2015

Chess960 SP447

Chess960 SP447

Well, I messed up another chess960 game at lichess. It all went horribly wrong quite quickly because for some reason I did not use a similar plan in the opening than I did on a game I played there two days ago. In the starting position 495, there are also bishops on g1, g8, h1 and h8. In that game I developed my bishops by moving both g and f pawns. I should have done that in this game as well because my dark squared bishop ended up being locked on g1. I really do not know why I played some of the moves in this game. The move 2.d4 I already felt was a mistake during the game, because it makes the development of my dark squared bishop rather difficult. Better pawn structure would have been with pawns on d3, e4 and f4. The problem is that I would like to castle long and I would like therefore keep the queenside pawns intact, so after black plays g6, the black bishop eyes on b2 and I need to somehow react to that and I would probably need to defend the pawn with Nd3. So it is probably best not to move the d pawn originally at all. The losing move was 9.d5 which I did think about a bit, I knew it probably does not work the way I would like but could not think about anything better, so I played that move. I did not even consider the move that my opponent played as a reply, I thought quickcastle would take on c3 with the bishop and then on the next move take on d5. The move played in the game 9...Nb4 was of course much stronger than the sequence I had thought about. I could not recover from this blunder, but on move 12, had I played f4, I would have been quite close of getting a decent position where I have some chances for a draw. I have added one mate in two, two mate in three and two mate in four puzzles today.

No comments:

Post a Comment