7 Dec 2015

Chess960 SP611

Chess960 SP611

This game was played in the Chess960 pool at the Internet Chess Club today. I needed to play a quick game of chess960 reliably and I think the pool at ICC delivers just that. Today there was a chess club at high school where I was supposed to go teach some chess, unfortunately there was no one to teach... That club has been somewhat disappointing so far, it has been been held four times now and half the time no one comes there and the other half only one student comes there, so not really a success. I think there is no point continuing that club next year. Of course I needed to stay there until the time for the club ended, so it was necessary time wasted... Anyway, as I do not seem to get almost anything useful done these days, it may not have been that disruptive to my schedule. But had I been able to use that time I wasted at the high school differently, I would have at least had a chance to do something useful in that time.

As I have recently played mostly rapid games or longer games, I have not really used to the blitz time controls that they use in the pool. This meant that I used too much time on the early part of the game, so I was able to get into a better position than my opponent, but as I noticed my time running out, I started to play some fast moves to gain some time, well not that much as the increment is only one second. I had only few seconds left by move 36, so I pretty much self-destructed at that point. I have added three mate in two and two mate in three puzzles.

No comments:

Post a Comment