30 May 2016

3 check C23 Bishop's Opening

3 check C23 Bishop's Opening

The week starts once again with a 3 check game. This very short game shows how fast you can run into trouble in this variant. Admittedly the move 1.e4 is not necessarily the best way to open a game of 3 check, but neither is the reply 1...e5, I think better reply would be 1...e6. Despite of this, I think that after 2.Bc4 the game is not even close of being over. However, the reply 2...Bb4 is a very bad move after which my opponent quickly lost the game. I think 2...Nf6 would have been a much better alternative because I would not have played 3.Bxf7+ as a reply to that. For a moment I thought about my reply to 2...Bb4+, but I ended up playing the obvious 3.Bxf7+. I knew that if my opponent takes the bishop, I will win the game in two moves, like in the game continuation. The thing I thought about for a moment was 3...Ke7 and as I realised that it should be losing too, I took on f7. In case of 3...Ke7, then I would have likely played Qh5 and I should be able to deliver the missing two checks before my opponent can get the checks going.

I have added one mate in two, three mate in three and one mate in four puzzle today. Yesterday I finished reposting the chess positions to the blog, so that those pages should now be HTTPS compatible. Next I will concentrate on reposting the chess960 games that are not compatible at the moment. Reposting all the games that have not already been reposted will likely take a couple of months due to the amount of games that I had already posted during almost two years of typing this blog. I would like to obviously get that done as soon as possible, but the progress is rather slow, because I need to add all the +- -+ and similar things in the comments of the pgn-file because otherwise the game editor does not show them.

No comments:

Post a Comment