8 Jun 2016

3 check C00 French Defense: Queen's Knight

3 check C00 French Defense: Queen's Knight

When I started playing 3 check games, I wondered how long it would take for the openings to repeat and today I got my answer. It was in my 7th game that the opening that I played in this game repeated. This is my 6th game of 3 check. The 7th game will be added some time in the future... With the way things are going at the moment, it might take quite a long time. The comments about the moves that were made in this game are seen in the game notation.

The following does not have anything to with this game or even with 3 check, but something I wanted to share, so here it goes. Monday I noticed that in the tournament that started May 16th, 2014 at the Queen Alice Internet Chess Club had only two games left to finish on round one... I was especially interested in the tournament because I was one of the players that would advance to the next round if round one would ever finish that is. The last four games of round one lasted maybe over a year too long because there are no automatic timeouts in the games that are played at Queen Alice Internet Chess Club. For some reason or the other, one of the two players that had not claimed their timeout wins had finally claimed them, so I contacted the one remaining player and asked that player for the 4th time at this point to claim the timeout wins and this time it actually had the positive effect of concluding the first round, so that round two could finally start after a very long wait. The problem is that this second round is not the last round. That is not the worst problem, however, the fact that I may be the only player of those remaining five that actually wants to finish the tournament. This means that even if I win all my games, I will not be able to advance to the next round due to other players not making any moves in their games. It is unfortunate that the site has no people taking care of the technical problems anymore, so there is no hope that this will ever be fixed. It is really a shame because I like to play there and because there I have my highest correspondence chess rating that I have ever been able to get. I have added one mate in one, one mate in two, two mate in three and one mate in four puzzle today.

No comments:

Post a Comment